Thursday, January 24, 2008

Briefly

It's Thursday - what day number does this work out to? I can't believe how quickly this festival has flown by. Maybe it's bc I'm more settled in to a routine here. In just four days I'll be flying back home to NYC. I already miss the mountains, which are just part of the natural beauty out here.

There are a few items I haven't had time to write up properly.

Last week one of my co-workers went to a party with a girl friend. Of course there was a line, and of course there were bouncers. They quickly noticed that hot girls were allowed in more quickly and more often, and sure enough, my housemate was soon standing in line without his girl friend. But then, the guy deciding who got in and who got to stay out in the cold came out referred to my housemate as Scott Baio. 'Scott Baio, let's get Scott Baio in here!' My friend took umbrage, happy to be let in but not under such circumstances. 'Ok,' said the admittance clerk, or whatever he was. 'Scott Baio look-a-like, come on in!'



One of the most amusing titles here is the film 'Good Dick'. When I was working, I couldn't refer t it by title. I could only call it my 3:15 show, as in, 'anyone here for the 3:15? Hard Tickets for the 3:15 please line up over here.' And so on.

Imagine if I'd had to tell people where to waitlist for Good Dick, or that we would soon be opening the lobby for Good Dick. Several people came up to me and asked me if our theatre was where they could see Good Dick, with the straightest of faces.

Similarly difficult was the title 'What Just Happened'. The first time someone came up to me and said they were there to see 'What Just Happened' I asked them, in all seriousness, what had just happened, thinking they meant an accident.

No comments: